
Last night, Marty and I hopped on our road bikes on our trainers in our garage (a.k.a. our temporary winter cycling studio). Despite the cooler mid-40s temps in our garage, we still sweat like a hot summer day. We're learning to cope with indoor, stationery exercise. It's not the most exciting, although tv and movies help the time go by.
We're officially starting our swim sessions this Thursday evening with our swim coach, Maria. I'm looking forward to advancing my swimming skills from the advanced doggie paddle to something resembling freestyle. I'm hoping I'll have access to snorkels and kickboards...just in case. I'm sure I'll provide some captive entertainment for any other swimmer in the pool. I'm just waiting for videos to appear on YouTube of my swimming endeavors. We'll keep you posted one way or another.
Marty and I are planning on three days a week for each activity (swimming, biking, and running). If you do your math correctly, that means we either need a nine day week or we have to do brick workouts (combining exercises back-to-back). I just hope I can conserve enough energy to stay afloat in the pool!
No comments:
Post a Comment