A Very Special Thanks To...

Jan Leja, our running coach extraordinaire and photographer provided some of the photos on this blog. To see more photos or for questions or comments, visit his web page: RunWithJan.com

Monday, March 8, 2010

I LOVE Mondays!

Yes, I never thought I'd say I love Mondays, but I have a newfound adoration for Mondays! Mondays are my only rest day and I love it. Don't get me wrong, I love my training too. I've just been exhausted. All I do is eat, train, work, and sleep.

On Saturday, we swam, spun, and ran bright and early. Then on Sunday we ran 12 miles. About five miles into our run, my legs reminded me what I did last Sunday. My quads are taking a long time to recover from Gasparilla. Hopefully today's rest and tomorrow's cross training (boot camp and swimming) will help with active recovery.

In case you are wondering, here's an example of the schedule we try to follow. I say try because some days we just can't bring our selves to do double workouts.

Sunday - Long run (12-20 miles)
Monday- REST
Tuesday - AM boot camp (Marty spins)/PM swim
Wednesday - AM spin/PM run (3-7 miles)
Thursday - AM boot camp (Marty spins)/PM swim
Friday - AM spin/PM run (3-7 miles)
Saturday - EARLY AM swim, spin, run

Please help us save lives one mile at a time by supporting our Team Courcelle fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

1 comment:

  1. Kristen,
    As impressive as your training schedule looks, I think you left out a few swims, Tuesday and Thursday.....
    Alison

    ReplyDelete