A Very Special Thanks To...

Jan Leja, our running coach extraordinaire and photographer provided some of the photos on this blog. To see more photos or for questions or comments, visit his web page: RunWithJan.com

Monday, March 22, 2010

Tri Training Hiatus Recovery at the Spa

For those of you who follow my blog regularly, you may have wondered why I haven't posted lately. I don't know that I have a great answer--lazy, busy, tired, working, enjoying the beautiful weather, or away? Yeah, a little bit of all those things/excuses.

I did train last week...just not as faithfully as all the previous weeks. I guess I must have needed some down time. I'm back on track and ready to push forward (after my Monday rest day, that is). Actually, I did my brick workout on Saturday (swim, spin, and run) and then Marty and I took a trip to the Stoweflake Resort and Spa to indulge in some R & R.

I did spend quite a substantial amount of the time in pools. I spent about an hour in the Hungarian Mineral soaking pool (recommended time=20 minutes) and another 30 minutes or so in the waterfall pool, followed by 30 minutes in an outdoor hot tub (while it was snowing).
Following pool time, I also spent a good 15 minutes in the sauna. I felt it was important to simulate high temperatures to be prepared for any weather conditions I might face in the tri. Now, I know that I'm ready to handle 140 degrees--for 15 minutes.

Of course I had to balance out all this activity with a massage and LOTS of incredible recovery meals. Without all this, I never would have been ready for training this week. I highly recommend a spacation for any triathlete in training. On a side note, it's worth mentioning that this spa retreat wasn't completely a guilty pleasure--we won a spa trip through supporting a silent auction at one of our fellow TNT team mate's fundraisers.
Please support our Team Courcelle fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment