After I got back from Florida on Tuesday, I joined my fantastic TEAM mates in the pool for swim practice. The pool was perfect recovery for my tender quads. The highlight of swim
practice for me was scadaddling. Another coach (the one who asked if I was afraid to put my face in the water on day 1) gave our amazing coach, St. Maria (picture on left), an idea for a drill. In order to get the feel of proper arm rotation, she suggested we scadaddle. Scadaddling is basically the advanced doggy paddle--my favorite! Just for fun (and slightly for my competitive needs) we raced each other. Of course, I got paired up to race Marty. Believe it or not, I'm actually faster than him when scadaddling. Too bad it's not a competitive stroke and it's not efficient for me to use in the triathlon. Just my luck!On Wednesday, I squeaked in a short four mile run. My legs were having a tough time getting in the groove. I felt like I was in the final four miles of the marathon--still! I think I could have actually swam faster than I was running (yeah, I know, that's crazy).
My 5:00 a.m. alarm this morning for boot camp must have been a joke. I woke up to the alarm with a growing migraine and very exhausted. So, I bailed on boot camp. I needed sleep so much more than boot camp--especially if I wanted to get rid of my migraine.
This evening's swim practice consumed all my remaining energy. I started practice absolutely starving, which I knew was a bad sign. Our coach had us work on swimming longer distances tonight. We did numerous 100 yards with some drill work mixed in. I could really feel that I was making some more progress. My lungs (breathing) is still lagging behind my legs. I think I've made some moderate improvement in my breathing. St. Maria complemented my "strong kick" tonight. Yippee! I'm telling you, if I could only have a kickboard or a snorkel, I'd be golden. Rules cramp my style.
Please visit our Team Courcelle fundraising page.
No comments:
Post a Comment