A Very Special Thanks To...

Jan Leja, our running coach extraordinaire and photographer provided some of the photos on this blog. To see more photos or for questions or comments, visit his web page: RunWithJan.com

Thursday, April 1, 2010

A New Milestone...

My day started with boot camp. We completed our workout outside for the first time and I loved it. In between sets, we ran around the track--not my favorite but it beats running in the hallways.

After work today, I squeaked in a quick, three mile run before heading to the gym for swim practice. It was beautiful, warm, and sunny--so great to run in shorts again.

Swim practice was great! I started off with a 200 yard warm up, followed by another 450 yards while waiting for our coach to arrive with a formal workout. When St. Maria arrived, she had us swim three 100 yards followed by six 25 yard swims and then we repeated both sets for a total of 900 yards. Then, we swam another 500 yards. For those of you not keeping track of that math, this means I swam 2050 yards today! A new milestone for me. Best of all, I felt great!

It's amazing how everything finally clicked for me in the pool. I can't say that I have the most efficient form, positioning, or breathing techniques, but I'm finding it more manageable and VERY enjoyable. I can do it!

Please help us save lives one mile at a time by making a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society through our Team Courcelle web page.

No comments:

Post a Comment