Boot camp came awfully early this morning...even after Monday as a complete rest day. Then after boot camp, all I could think about was food. I'm starving all the time!
After a crazy, busy day at work, I made my way to the pool for swim practice. We all had a hard time hopping in the pool right away because it was a little on the cool side (not enough little kids peeing in the pool this morning). We just kinda huddled around the pool staring at the water. Another coach by the pool asked us if she needed to get a fire hose to get us in. Yikes! So, I eased myself in and started swimming. I didn't need another reminder.
We worked on some drills today that really helped me to break things down. At one point, I pretty sure that I heard my coach say that I was the, "poster child for rolling." For those of you not familiar with proper freestyle swimming technique (like me), you are not supposed to swim flat on your stomach. You are supposed to roll side to side. Come watch me if you want to know how because now I'm a poster child. Olympics 2012, watch out!
Tonight we did far more endurance swimming than we have in the past. Currently, my definition of endurance swimming is completing 50+ yards (2 laps)without rest. I find it so frustrating that I can run a marathon continously, but I can't swim more than 25 yards (1 lap) without a breather. Yes, I'm the one that looks like a fish out of the water, while I'm in the water. Let's hope this gets easier in the next three weeks.
Please consider supporting our fundraising efforts for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Visit our Team Courcelle fundraising page.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment