I've noticed that the pool temperature has been steadily decreasing and perhaps the water level, too. It's not so bad once you are in and keep moving, but getting in is icy cold (see picture). My theory is that the Y is trying to cut back on expenses. You see, I've been consuming so much pool water during my workouts that I'm draining the water level substantially. In fact, I'm not even thirsty throughout the swim. It gives me the heebie jeebies to think about what I'm consuming in that water. Yuck!Since I've been swimming, the Y has had to top off the water level more than usual, which costs more money. I believe that they are trying to even out the expense of extra water by turning down the temperature. Burr! Pretty soon, I'll need ice picks!
I'm pleased to announce some official data as concrete evidence that I'm improving. If you read back in my earlier posts, you'll see that my stroke count was once at 27 to 28. Tonight, I got my stroke count down to 17! Wow! And, no, I wasn't using a snorkel, kickboard, pull buoy, motor, or other device. That's just my natural engine at work. It's worth mentioning that my stroke count was lower than Marty's. :)
Some other observations--I have major reptile skin and I'm itchy from all the chlorine. I can't stand it. People must think I have fleas. My hair is pretty dry, too. I'm waiting for my hair to turn green. With any luck, it'll turn green right around St. Patty's day. Then, I can pass it off for being festive. I also have a lot more energy after a swim. It really seems to rev up my endorphins. Marty and I ran a quick 5K after swimming today and it felt great!
Help us save lives one mile at a time by supporting our fundraising efforts for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Visit our Team Courcelle web site.
No comments:
Post a Comment