Five of us attended practice this evening. We did our usual drills and tried to swim with less break time in between each lap (or length, technically). Holy cow! I don't know how I'm going to manage 9/10 of a mile without my typical break in between each 25 yards. It's going to be a rude awakening when I try to put my feet down to rest and I realize I can't touch the bottom. Yikes!
Towards the end of practice, St. Maria (our coach) directed us to, "just swim fast." My immediate thought was, what!?!? Every length I swim I "just swim fast." I only have one speed--especially when it comes to swimming. If I swim too slow, I sink. If I swim too fast I can't breathe. So, I just swim fast. Apparently, my "fast" isn't really "fast." Marty and I raced each other for 50 yards and he beat me hands down--twice.
I've come to realize that speed is all relative. I don't think my body was ever designed to move fast. Just ask Marty how long it takes me to write a paper, get ready in the morning, or find something in the grocery store. Fast really isn't in my vocabulary except when it comes to dessert or falling asleep. Speaking of which, I've had my dessert (chocolate falling cake with a molten center) and now it's time for me to get to bed because I'm just about asleep. Goodnight!
Pictures to follow soon....
Please consider supporting our Team Courcelle fundraising efforts for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment